Thursday, August 12, 2010

SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) Shortcuts

Some shortcuts that I use quite frequntly are

1. CTRL+R To hide the Result Window
2. For getting the definition of a SP/Function: I define a shortcut in the Keyboard Shortcuts for SP_HELPTEXT

Go to tools--> Options-->Environment-->Keyboard, I have defined CTRL+3 as SP_Helptext. Now whenever I am going through a SP/ function and come across another SP all I have to do is to select the SP name and Press CTRL+3. I get the SP definition immediately in the result window. This shorcut helps me a lot as I do not have to type/copy paste SP_Hleptext to see the definition of the SP.

3.For Commenting and Uncommenting

Commet: CTRL+K followed by CTRL+C
UnComment: CTRL+K followed by CTRL+U

Again I do not have to move my hands to the mouse to sue toolbar to comment few lines of code at once.

4.To Execute a SQl Statement: its F5. its probably the first shortcut that we learn in management studio

5. To Open a new Query Editior Window

CTRL+ N

6. To Change Database Context

CTRL+U

7. I want to search for a particular Keyword throughout the entire solution,

CTRL+SHFT+F

No comments:

Post a Comment